CDS 1 2021 Notification
CDS 1 2021 Notification is published by Union Public Service Commission on 28 October 2020 as per the UPSC Examination Calendar 2021 and some important dates are released officially by UPSC. Candidates who are interested to apply for UPSC CDS I 2021 notification can apply at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in. UPSC conducts CDS exam twice a year and this is one of the most popular defence exams among the aspirants who are willing to join as an Officer in the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force, and Officers Training Academies. If you are planning to write the CDS 1 2021 Exam, you can read the following details below.
CDS 2021 Highlights
|Name of Exam||Combined Defence Services|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fees||INR 200|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a year|
|Type of Exam||Written test ( objective type ) and Interview|
|Negative Marking||– 0.33( for each wrong attempt)|
|Stages of Selection||Written Test, SSB Interview and Medical|
|Contact Number||011-23098543/ 011-23381125 / 011-23385271|
UPSC CDS (1) 2021 Important Dates:
|Release of CDS 1 Notification 2021 & Online Forms||28 October 2020|
|Last Date to fill UPSC CDS 1 2021 Application form||17 November 2020|
|Release of CDS I 2021 Admit Card||Before 3 weeks of exam|
|Combined Defence Services Examination (I) 2021||February 7, 2021|
|Release of Answer Keys||February 7, 2021|
|Declaration of CDS 2021 Written Result||March/April 2021|
|Dates of Personality Test/ SSB Interview||July/ August 2021|
|UPSC CDS 1 2021 Final Result||October 2021|
CDS 1 2021 Eligibility Criteria:
|Academy||Age (years)||Gender||Marital Status|
|Indian Military Academy (IMA)||19 – 24||Male||Unmarried|
|Indian Naval Academy (INA)||19- 22||Male||Unmarried|
|Air Force Academy||19- 23||Male||<25 years unmarried or >25 years both married and unmarried.|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||19- 25||Male||Unmarried|
|Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||19- 25||Female||Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.|
Candidates who are applying for the CDS Exam, have to be a graduate or at least appearing the final exam of eligible degrees.
- For I.M.A. and OTA, candidates should have a degree of a university or equivalent degree from institutions that have been recognized by Central/State Government.
- For INA( Indian Naval Academy), candidates will need to have a Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/institution.
- To apply to the Air Force Academy, applicants need a degree of a recognized university( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2) or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
Note: candidates who are in the final year of their eligible degree also can apply for CDS. but they will need to show the proof of passing the qualifying exam by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the CDS Exam.
How to Apply For CDS 1 2021:
- Visit the official website — upsc.gov.in or upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the UPSC CDSE 1 2021 link
- In part – I of the registration, submit your basic information.
- In part II, fill the payment details and choice of exam center, upload your photo and sign as per guidelines
- Save and submit it and take a print out for further reference